Monday, May 3, 2010



This first picture is of an African Turquoise pendant. This was fairly simple to make. All it took was some grinding down of the stone, some fitting, some soldering, some filing, some polishing, and there you have a pendant. I didn't run into any problems, which seems to be happening more since I have more experience. This is the first pendant I have made though because they are sort of boring to make.



Then we have this ring. This took me all day! I twisted the swirls out of silver wire then had to shape them perfectly to the ring. Since I was to solder them onto the ring they had to be completely flush, which wasn't easy since the surface is rounded. So, eventually I got them on there and finished the ring. But, I am not so sure I like how it is now. I might alter it tomorrow if I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment